Re: [TowerTalk] 80 meter quad loops

To: <Cqtestk4xs@aol.com>, <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80 meter quad loops
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist (N6RK)" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 05:54:20 -0800
I just put up an inverted vee that is cut for 80 CW.
I have a 250 pF series capacitor on the coax side
of the balun.  A set of normally open relay contacts
are across this capacitor.  When energized, the
capacitor is shorted out and I can operate on CW.
When non energized, I can operate on phone.  There
is about a 300 kHz difference, which agreed with EZNEC.
The DC for the relay goes up the center of the coax
via RF chokes.  The capacitor is one of those big
WWII transmitting micas I got at a hamfest (NOS
marked 1943 :-)

Rick N6RK