To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 35, Issue 48
From: "FireBrick" <w9ol@billnjudy.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 21:27:42 -0600
The best type of winches are worm gear.
But...many winches are rated for HORIZONTAL loads.
You need vertical loads.

Check out www.thern.com

They even have a winch that you can put a big right angle drill on.
Though it's not on the web site the last time I looked.

I was lucky enough to find a 2K Thern worm gear winch at a garage sale.
good luck