To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 35, Issue 48
From: Jim Smith <jimsmith@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 00:13:26 -0800
Take another look at the Thern website where they talk about pulling and
lifting.  http://www.thern.com/basics.php?loc=main&section=2  It appears
that when they talk about pulling a load they are talking about the
weight of the load, which is, of course, at right angles to the
direction in which the load moves.

This would explain the derating applied to use with an inclined plane.

No expert on this.  I just read what they said on the site.

HTH

73, Jim   VE7FO