[TowerTalk] 160-m Inverted L or Sloper?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 160-m Inverted L or Sloper?
From: "Dennis O'Connor" <k8do@mailblocks.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 10:26:54 -0500
I have more space for antennas than most... I am tinkering with 80 meter arrays
right now... A single quarter wave vertical over 50 radials is my "0 dB"
indicator, and is 600+ away from the nearest other 80 m antenna (>2 wl) and 840
, yet EZnec still shows significant interaction, mostly in perturbing the
pattern from a smooth outline and changing the FB  1 to 2 dB... Nothing I will
be able to hear, yet I know it is "playing" my results... I am planning to run
a 12V line out there and add a relay to open the "0 dB" antenna...  The two
directional arrays are 1 wave apart and facing back to back (reflector facing
reflector) and EZnec shows minimal pattern disturbance and induced currents on
the 'idling' array are 0.02 amp or less, an amount I can live with without
going to relays...