Re: [TowerTalk] 160-m Inverted L or Sloper?

To: "Dennis OConnor" <ad4hk2004@yahoo.com>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 160-m Inverted L or Sloper?
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 19:13:07 -0500
>   So, other antennas in the near (and not so near) field
can have  significant effects on the expected pattern...
When I move the  reference antenna towards the driven array
(via Eznec) the interaction  goes up exponentially and at a
quarter wave of spacing the directional  array pattern has
become garbage...

That's an excellent example of why a clean minimal antenna
installation is often significantly better than trying to
jam too many antenna in a small area.

I notice about 6dB measured interaction between a 318 ft
tower and my 200 ft tower on 160, even though they are
almost 500 feet apart!

This is why guylines should be insulated, and the minimum
number of antennas should be used in a limited space.

73 Tom