Re: [TowerTalk] HELP...IC746PRO

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HELP...IC746PRO
From: "Robert Chudek" <k0rc@pclink.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 10:44:35 -0600
"StellarCAT"

Hhmmm... New Autek RF1 @ $139.95... Transmitting 5 watts out of band @ $50,000
fine... Hhmmm... tough choice...

But if you are intent on taking the chance, here's the answer to your question:
http://www.mods.dk/view.php?ArticleId=2280

73 de Bob - K0RC

Message: 7
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 08:57:11 -0700
From: "StellarCAT" <RXDesign@ssvecnet.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] HELP...IC746PRO
To: "tower" <towertalk@contesting.com>

I know this is slightly off topic - but only slightly... I am, was using an
Autek RF1 meter to
determine my swr on a new F12 240N but the lengths are considerably
shorter than the manual (and everyone else) says... and it is not working
right... so Tom suspects the RF1 as the culprit... however I have no means
of using my IC746PRO to test it as it will not transmit below the ham
bands -
is anyone aware of a fix to do this? I know for example on the TS940 all one
had to do was to clip a diode.... is there a way to get out of band transmit
for these rigs for testing antennas at 5W?

g.