[TowerTalk] Msq RC-2800P-A Rotator and Controller

To: TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Msq RC-2800P-A Rotator and Controller
From: <jcowens@netscape.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 13:09:20 -0800 (PST)
I have the subject rotator and have had problems since my installation ovewr a
year ago. This rotator and controller is at least 10 years old I believe. The
problem has been with periodic "free running" when the controller display
continues to run after release of the push button (not sure what the rotator is
doing as it is not visible from shack). This has caused loss of calibration in
the past and I have been able to re-establish cal via a procedure from them.
Now the controller always continues to run after any pressing of position
buttons (CW or CCW), and also does this when using preset headings.

If you have had similar problems, please contact me. I have heard about a
rotator controller called GreenHeron which I am told is better and compatible
with this rotator mechanism. If you have knowledge about this, please contact
me. Your help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks - John Owens - N7SEJ

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.