Re: [TowerTalk] tower motor wiring

To: towertalk@contesting.com, earlbailley@centurytel.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] tower motor wiring
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 18:11:47 EST

In a message dated 12/4/2005 5:18:09 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,

>  The motor for the UST 4 72 raise/lower has eight wires  exiting the motor
body.

>  Can anyone tell me  which  wires go to AC thru reverse? I will sell the
tower
and orion 2800 rotator  when I get it down. Otherwise  I'll need to get a
crane to lay it  down and work out a way to collapse the sections

    Huh? Why don't you take the belt off of the motor  and then crank it down
by hand by spinning the pulley? Gravity's on your side  and it shouldn't take
too long to do it. Just keep your fingers out of the  works!

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH