Re: [TowerTalk] EZ-Hang

To: calandra1@cox.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] EZ-Hang
From: Dick Stein <k2zr@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 14:31:20 -0500
Vin,
Re: E-Z Hang SlingShot
I have an E-Z Hang slingshot and it works.
Keep in mind that how well you do is totally dependent on how good a
shot you are with it. I dedicate time and patience when I work at
getting a line over a certain limb or crotch in a tree. I've had to take
shots over and over again before the "lucky shot" occurs. Consider
yourself lucky if you put your shot right where you want to be in the
first few tries.
The unit comes with weights but they're too light in my opinion.
Monofilament line hangs up all too often if the weight is too light.
Simply go to the nearby outdoor store and buy some 1 1/2 ounce or 2
ounce sinkers that are similar in shape to what comes with the unit. In
the Buffalo area, I've gotten exactly what I needed at the Gander
Mountain store. They have a hugh selection of sinkers.
The other issue is the orange elastic band which you pull and release.
Expect that you'll  replace it every 5 years or so because after awhile
it deteriorates and breaks. I get my "Band/Pouch Kit" replacements from
E-Z Hang. They are inexpensive. It's a simple replacement procedure.
Other than a bow & arrow or a fishing pole, the E-Z Hang is a great tool
to get wire antennas up in the trees.
Dick
K2ZR