Re: [TowerTalk] Beam toubleshooting problem - help please

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Beam toubleshooting problem - help please
From: "Keith Dutson" <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 09:20:57 -0600
I am not familiar with the Optibeam but had a similar problem with my
antenna.  To make a long story short, one of the loading coils (open air
winding) was positioned very close to a bolt used to hold the driven element
to the center insulator.  The coil would intermittently short out against
the bolt causing resonance to rise on one side of the element.  To correct
this, the coil was repositioned (bent) to provide a bit more space from the
bolt.

73, Keith NM5G