Re: [TowerTalk] 160 question from new antenna

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 160 question from new antenna
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 18:15:08 -0800
Hi Peter

You might consider an inverted "L" antenna.  If you can get the vertical
part 68 feet, it would probably work pretty well.  I have one here with the
vertical part about 60-70 feet and the rest slopes downward and ties off to
a fence.  Radials are just what I can make work around the back yard.  I
have about 50 of them right now.  It seems to work pretty well as I have
worked the east coast with 100 watts from Oregon, and work the midwest with
no problems.  Probably anything you can get vertical would work better than
the dipole at 68 feet.  73 and HNY
Tom W7WHY