Re: [TowerTalk] Elevated Guys ??

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Elevated Guys ??
From: NØATH <N0ATH@Charter.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 19:45:15 -0000
I am not an engineer nor even close - I have had a Rohn 25 up for 25 + years
with 3" pipe 3' in the ground with cement and a 3/8ths inch cable back guyed
about 24 inches behind the elevated anchor to a 7/8ths pin also set about 4'
into cement. This assy. tops out at about 103 feet with a Phelps Dodge
Stationmaster, two 19 element two meter beams, two 15 element 220 beams,
one 5 element 6 meter beam all on the rotating mast and a number of dipoles
and omni directional antennas side mounted up and down its length.
However, the cable takeoff point is only about 6 feet above ground. These
cables are going up at an angle of course and I have never had a problem
with that height mounting although I am easily 6' 4".
For What Its Worth department.
Dave / NØATH
ps: I guess if that isn't story enough, for several years one of these guy
points
was the rear anchor point for a 36 foot mast that I used to hinge the entire
103'
from. Raised and lowered it many times with an electric winch and 3 part line.
10 minutes up, 10 minutes down, scary but worked as smooth as hydraulics.