Re: [TowerTalk] INSTALLING GROUND ROD HELP

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] INSTALLING GROUND ROD HELP
From: Eg9k@aol.com
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 20:20:12 EST
Hi All -  Just a suggestion on installing  ground rods. I've probably put in
almost 100  of the 8 ft. rods over the  last fifty years.  I don't drive them
in vertically,  I angle ( 30 -  45 degrees ) them into the ground in such a
way that I can easily  swing a sledge hammer to drive them into the ground.
After a good hard  rain they go in slicker than s--- .  Just a suggestion, it
works for  me.     73's   Harold    -    K9ge