[TowerTalk] Tools for Installing Ground Rod?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tools for Installing Ground Rod?
From: "Dr. Howard S. White" <drpaper@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 14:52:38 -0800
My soil is very, very hard clay which makes it a perfect tower base... in fact
we had to jack hammer it out to build the base...

... Strong constructions workers hitting the top of the 8' ground rods with
Sledge Hammers they were able to drive 1 in about 4 feet and one about 5
feet...  neither is deep enough....

Any suggestions on what mechanical or power tool to use to drive ground rods
further into the ground.  Plus I want to put in a few more....
Howard S. White Ph.D. P. Eng., VE3GFW/K6  ex-AE6SM  KY6LA
Website: www.ky6la.com
"No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"
"Ham Antennas Save Lives - Katrina, 2003 San Diego Fires, 911"