[Top] [All Lists]

Re: [TowerTalk] new yaesu rotor failure mechanism

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] new yaesu rotor failure mechanism
From: "" <>
Reply-to: "" <>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 13:44:35 -0800 (GMT-08:00)
List-post: <>
Sounds like one of the rubber rings that are used on pinball machine's bumpers 
and flippers. Lookup a pinball parts supplier's web page and see if that's what 
your rubber ring looks like, then you might be able to get one at your local 
pinball route/home gameroom supplier. They come in lots of different sizes, and 
serious pinball collectors and maintainers replace them at least yearly. Even 
most little towns have a place that maintains pinball machines.

Larry K7LJ
(I have a couple of pinball machines at home for thrashing on when the bands 
are dead.  They give me something to take my stress out on besides pileups.)

-----Original Message-----
>From: David Robbins K1TTT <>
>Sent: Feb 17, 2006 11:21 AM
>To: YCCC <>, reflector cq-contest <CQ-Contest@Contesting.COM>, 
>reflector -tower <>
>Subject: [TowerTalk] new yaesu rotor failure mechanism
>Well, while powering up today for the weekend contest one of my Yaesu rotor
>control box indicators failed to turn.  So I pulled out one of the spare
>boxes and plugged that in... unfortunately when I turned it on the indicator
>motor spun up to full speed but the needle didn't move!  Opening it up
>showed a broke drive belt... looks like dry rot of the rubber as there are
>some other small cracks in the rubber.  Besides looking like a real pain to
>replace, does anyone know of a source for these little rubber belts?  And
>how to specify them??  It looks to me more like an o-ring than something
>meant for driving a gear train.  But anyway, its about 1.5" in diameter, or
>about 4.75 in circumference and 1/16" thick.
>David Robbins K1TTT
>AR-Cluster node: 145.69MHz or telnet://
>TowerTalk mailing list


TowerTalk mailing list

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>