Re: [TowerTalk] More on Orion mast clamps

To: "Larry Burke" <burkelj@earthlink.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] More on Orion mast clamps
From: "Mike Harris" <mike.harris@horizon.co.fk>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 18:58:00 -0300
G'day,

| One more data point.... I had a CrMo mast with three monobanders on it
at my
| previous QTH. I had no slippage in the Orion mast clamp. Antennas were
all
| KLM (20M5, 15M6 and 10M6).

Maybe they are properly torque balanced.  There was quite a thread on this
subject in January 2005.  The David Leeson spreadsheets derived from his
book "Physical Design of Yagi Antennas" provide a method whereby mast
torque and appropriate compensation can be calculated/designed.  Seems
more sense to me that trying to make stronger and stronger more grippy
clamps and bust gears.

The book is a good read too.

Regards,

Mike VP8NO