Re: [TowerTalk] HD Over-the-air TV

To: "TowerTalk Reflector" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HD Over-the-air TV
From: "Hsu, Aaron (NBC Universal)" <aaron.hsu@nbcuni.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 12:29:07 -0800
The website is run by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) which
is *THE* trade group that most major (and small) consumer electronics
companies are members of.  Basically, they're the consumer electronics
equivalent of the NAB (National Association of Broadcasters).  The CEA
is the group that hosts the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas
every year.

The reason the locator prompts for a physical address is so that you get
accurate compass bearings for pointing directional antennas to broadcast
tower locations.  If you don't want to give your specific info, just put
in your ZIP.  When the results page comes up, click on the "view map"
button (which opens a clickable map pop-up), then "move" the center
point closer to your actual QTH.  The compass bearings on the main
browser page will update based on the location you click on the map.

73,

  - Aaron Hsu, NN6O

And, just for reference...

CEA - http://www.ce.org