Re: [TowerTalk] Aluminum mast

To: wa3gin@erols.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Aluminum mast
From: "Bruce Ferratt" <uglyatc@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 16:17:01 -0500
Dave-
Thanks for the email.
The mast was $66. It is ASTM 6061-T6511 grade aluminum at 1 1/4" OD, SOLID, not hollow. The weight of the aluminum was less than the 6ft steel mast that came with the tower. It will be mounted inside the tower about 4-5ft to the rotor plate, with 7-8 feet above the tower peak. Will be using a Rohn TB-3 thrust bearing.
Sorry, no extra real estate for a bigger beam,... can't beat a free Mosely TA-33M Tribander. Heck, they are $325 used, $400+ new plus shipping!
73
Bruce
K4BOF