[TowerTalk] ROHN (et al) Tower Loading

To: "TowerTalk" <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] ROHN (et al) Tower Loading
From: "Mark - AA6DX" <AA6DX@ARRL.NET>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 16:44:20 -0800
Hi gang .. well, in 1984 I was ordering a truckload (really) of tower from Rohn
.. their sales guy had become a buddy of mine.  We got to discussing the "puny"
tower load ratings .. he told me, that in reality, the ratings were 5Ø% of a
safe load... of course, I would not impart that info to a tower purchaser...
but I had been involved in putting up enough of them by then.. I KNEW that ..
.. ..  However, every time I bring this up, I get a "whuppin" from "the sky is
falling" pencils-in-the-pocket-protector group.  Just mentioning, as to Rohn,
NEVER had one bite the dust -- did have a W-67 I demolished, however -- HIHI
(My BAD) -- 73, Mark  AA6DX