Re: [TowerTalk] RF Exposure Calculator

To: Peter Sundberg <sm2cew@telia.com>, TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RF Exposure Calculator
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 14:09:50 -0700
At 10:45 AM 4/25/2006, Peter Sundberg wrote:
>You can download a program that does all calculations for you, be it yagis,
>dipoles, verticals or what..

Very slick... and makes it easy to check across bands

Does it take into account nearfield effects for low gain antennas?

e.g. for a dipole or inverted V close to the ground, it's the ends that
present the RF safety problem, not the far field radiation

Another problem I ran into was with a phased array, where there's a lot of
circulating power among the elements.  I suspect that for any
superdirective antenna (e.g. a Yagi) this might also be the case, since
there's energy stored in the near field.