[Top] [All Lists]

[TowerTalk] Tower Painting

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower Painting
From: "Roy Thistle" <>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 15:05:53 -0400
List-post: <>
In reply to Bob, I think he means red oxide primer, which is an oil based 
primer that bonds to the rust (not sure about the bonding). I have used a lot 
of that. It is good when there is no galvanization left. That is, when there is 
no zinc left and the galvanized coating has been completely (or nearly 
completely) replaced by rust. I am not sure they let it get that far in the 

Otherwise, I have used white water based primer that I think is only an 
adhesive between the galvanized metal and the top coat.

My question was how do you get it on the inside of the tower leg? The tower 
sections I work with, mostly, are tubular steel. 

TowerTalk mailing list

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>