Re: [TowerTalk] [WISPA FCC] OT??? High power 2.4 GHz rules change

To: "'John Scrivner'" <john@scrivner.com>,"'FCC Discussion'" <fcc@wispa.org>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [WISPA FCC] OT??? High power 2.4 GHz rules change
From: "Dave AA6YQ" <aa6yq@ambersoft.com>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 22:49:43 -0500
As best I can tell, this boils down to "We WISP, WiFi, and Municipal
operators would like to eliminate amateur radio's primacy on the 2.4 GHz
band".

Have you considered mesh topologies, which reduce the need for higher power
and provide redundant paths that can be used to route around local
interference? Yes, these would increase your equipment costs, but unlike
amateurs you do have a revenue stream from end-users and/or advertisers.

   73,

       Dave, AA6YQ