Re: [TowerTalk] Help Needed Replacing Crank-Up Cable on US Tower

To: <DrD@2020.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Help Needed Replacing Crank-Up Cable on US Tower
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 09:07:02 -0700
It would be interesting to visit the factory and see how
they put the cables on the new towers.  On my HDX-5106,
I have to extend it about half way horizontally (> 50 ft!)
to put the rotator in.  UST says this is OK as long as you
support the bottom section.  When extended that far, there
should be no more than two sections overlapping anywhere.
You should be able to work on a section that is only inside of
one other section.

Rick N6RK