Re: [TowerTalk] Help Needed Replacing Crank-Up Cable on US Tower

To: K7LXC@aol.com, towertalk@contesting.com, DrD@2020.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Help Needed Replacing Crank-Up Cable on US Tower
From: KJ6Y@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 12:00:42 EDT
I've recabled 100s of tower over the past 28 years, Tri-Ex, Tristao, US
Tower and even a Rohn crankup.

Although not difficult, it is time consuming and does require a little
mechanical ability.

I usually make my own cables, due to varying lengths on  towers, even  with
the same model number. Of course you need the proper tools.

I can do the lattice type in the vertical position without having to  remove
any antennas or rotor mounted, as long as they don't interfere with the
movement of the sections. Tubular towers need to be tilted over and completely
disassembled.

I've travel many miles to recable towers and if you're not comfortable  doing
it yourself or don't have the proper tools, I am available.

Be safe.

Skip,  KJ6Y
_Communications Service  Co_ (http://members.aol.com/kj6y/skip.html)
818-887-3569