Re: [TowerTalk] Ground resistance

To: "'Stone, Gary R.'" <Gary.Stone@va.gov>,<g3jvc@jcleeve.idps.co.uk>, <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ground resistance
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 23:05:52 -0500
Connecting ground rods in a circle does no good. Lightning will tend to flow
in a straight line. If it is coming down a leg of the tower to a ground rod
it will follow that line out away from the tower. It will not suddenly make
a sharp turn at the point where the circle connection is to go over to
another ground rod connected via the circle. That turn represents a large
inductance and will present a high impedance.
You would be better off to use that wire to make another radial than to make
a circle connection.

73
Gary  K4FMX