Re: [TowerTalk] Crank-ups

To: R.Gorski@Astronautics.com, towertalk@contesting.com, nv8a@att.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Crank-ups
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 18:45:03 EDT

In a message dated 6/15/2006 10:31:27 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
R.Gorski@Astronautics.com writes:

>  I had a Heights 72ft self-supporting (til it fell) tower in  the late
70's.
Legs snapped like glass about 4 foot up from the  base.
The ONLY rule my wife has concerning towers is NOT TO INSTALL UNGUYED
ALUMINUM TOWERS.

Hi, Ron --

    Another reason to not like them - hi.

    Umm, what does the manufacturer say about guying  their towers? Sounds
like a violation of the LXC Prime Directive to "DO what the  manufacturer
says".
The corollary is to "NOT DO what they don't tell you".

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH