[TowerTalk] Tower work started.

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower work started.
From: "K8RI on Tower talk" <k8ri-tower@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 02:08:50 -0400
Well, I managed to pull over 1300 feet cables out of the conduit last
evening.  I ran the ends under the shop door as I'd seen the weather
forecast.

This is one of those jobs that was supposed to go fast. Well, another myth
is broken.

The junction box that goes on the outside of the house is so low I can't use
sweep 45s or 90's, but am going to have to revert to normal 45's.
Unfortunately the place where I get them no longer carries them.

The tower work didn't get done today as we had severe storms move in around
4:30 AM. It was almost continuous lightning until around 7:00.  With another
2" of rain it looks like the basement work is now postponed until Monday.
Maybe that'll give me enough time to find a couple of 45s.  I'd sure like to
have the conduit work finished so they can just work around it. My only
radios operating are now the ones in the shop.

I still have to pull the rotator and lower the mast to the point where I can
repair the 6-meter yagi and remove the 144 and 440 arrays.  Then raise it
back up.

N833R - World's oldest Debonair CD-2
www.rogerhalstead.com