Re: [TowerTalk] Lexan

To: "TOWERTALK Reflector" <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Lexan
From: "K8RI on Tower talk" <k8ri-tower@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 01:01:13 -0400

> Jim:
> Also Fiberglass bars can be used , the cutting board brings some ideas to
> my head, i get a few years ago

Fiberglass resin normally does not stand up well to UV unless protected.

>some industrial material , Nylon or similar, that was used for gears in
>some food machine, the one that can be >easy cutted in good element
>brackets,  also in the N6CA web page  he use something that can be good
> >option.

Nylon is not normally a good electrical material in wet environments.

> and also I want to get a good design of 6m Antena using the 3/8 elements
> and KLM original mounting  , i >have a 7 elements that i wll like to
> convert in a bigger gain  antenna.

Some of the old KLM element insulators had a relatively short life time due
to UV deteoration. I think I replace the ones on my 2-meter FM beams (14L)
twice.

The one son the 20 and 15 meter beams held up well but I only had them up
about 5 years.

N833R - World's oldest Debonair CD-2
www.rogerhalstead.com