Re: [TowerTalk] Coax Grounding on a tower.

To: towertalk reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Coax Grounding on a tower.
From: Tom WA9WSJ <wa9wsj@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 16:04:37 -0700 (PDT)
Hello All,

Pete, what you suggest is almost exactly what I did,
although I did not put the bracket at the tower top,
just at the base.
I have not found any problems with this method.
I used a copper bar to mount the bulk head connectors
and stainless steel u-bolts to attach to the tower.

I rubber taped the connectors, Scotch 88 taped them
and also brushed on liquid tape!
I had to disassemble them once because the pvc pipe
coming out of the ground broke and needed replacement
and they all were in the same condition as the day I
installed them. That was about three years from the
original installation.

The following link will take you to some pics of them,
about 3/4 down the page.

http://www.wa9wsj.com/antenna_page.htm

73,
Tom