Re: [TowerTalk] Gap Voyager Gotchas...

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Gap Voyager Gotchas...
From: deuhs@earthlink.net
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 20:56:57 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
I have a had 2 Gap Voyagers in my life...

1.  I tried adding more 'radials'.  Even tried 'elevated radials'.  No luck on
either, changed the resonant point.

2. The Antenna works OK on 160, GREAT on 80, good on 40 and OK on 20...your
mileage may vary.

3.  Make sure you install the top 160 meter plug in cap...it will not work
without it!

4.  Use appropriate guy ropes.  My first Gap crashed because the guy ropes
frooze and it imploded the antenna.

73, Greg
K0PJ/9