Re: [TowerTalk] Ends of Dipoles - Mythbusting

To: <k1ttt@arrl.net>,"'TowerTalk Reflector'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ends of Dipoles - Mythbusting
From: "Mirko S57AD" <miroslav.sibilja@amis.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2006 11:03:50 +0200
In my youth,I was told not to solder wire antenna ends.  The reason: copper
contains some amount of SiO2, which crystalise under the heat and copper
become fragile (breakable) at soldered points.  In my 40 years of ham radio,
I actually have seen lot of wire antennas broken right next to soldered
point.

73,  Mirko,S57AD