Re: [TowerTalk] SECOND FLOOR SHACK

To: "'Tom Osborne'" <w7why@verizon.net>,"'Towertalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] SECOND FLOOR SHACK
From: "Mike K6BR" <noddie@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 19:33:23 -0700
Are you on the second floor?

> There is NOTHING  magical about the earth that causes a >connection to it
> to reduce "stray RF"  in your shack.

OK, maybe you are right.  But, if I don't have the ground hooked up to the
rig and I touch my tuner, the SWR varies.  When I hook up the ground, it
doesn't do that.  And I know for a fact, I have run long wire antennas and
if I don't have a good ground, I get bit bad by RF on the mike.  When I hook

up the ground, it quits.  It must be doing something.  I'm confused!  73
Tom W7WHY

It has removed 57 spam emails to date.