[TowerTalk] HV lines

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] HV lines
From: "Gregg Seidl" <k9kl@centurytel.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 21:12:35 -0500
I can say for a fact that the hi-tension lines alter crops.For years we have
taken pictures of our farm,from an airplane.The pix catch our farm and about
1/2 mile of hi-tension (200 kv I think) lines that run 250 yards behind our
barn,in EVERY one there is marked difference under those lines in whatever
crop we have planted there at the time,corn, winter wheat,alfalfa,oats or
soybeans.It doesn't matter,it is always shorter and more "stunted".Now that
some of our harvesters have yeild monitors on them you can see the
difference as well.Our barn is in line with these lines and we had to break
up our metal water lines because they were getting voltage on them even
though they are grounded in more ways then I want to get into.I wouldn't
build anything under those things or 250 yards on either side.I farmer
freind of mine mentioned that his tractor ran "funny" when he drove under on
set of those lines that seem lower then most.Seems as though the HV was
messing up the engine controls on his Cummins powered John Deere,when he
drove away the tractor returned to normal but would give a weird engine
malfunction code.Those things are to be stayed away from.    Gregg  K9KL