[TowerTalk] Grounding

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Grounding
From: kb9cry@comcast.net (Phil Camera)
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 14:28:41 +0000
How do I know if I have proper ( enough ) grounding.  How can I measure it???
Jerry   WA2KDB

These are two separate questions.
For the first, you have enough when you've installed everything in accordance
to NEC as well as recommended by Polyphaser or ICE.

One can measure your resistance to ground using the fall of potential method.
Check out the Biddle or Fluke websites for more info.  But the measurement of
low ground resistance does not necessarily mean you have "enough grounding" for
proper dissipation of lighthing surge energy.

Does this help?  Thoroughly read all the technical articles on the Polyphaser
and ICE websites.

Phil  KB9CRY