[TowerTalk] Base Plans & Other Info

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Base Plans & Other Info
From: kb9cry@comcast.net (Phil Camera)
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 14:34:28 +0000
Here's the link to the online Rohn catalog.
On the left, click on the On-Line Catalog.
Then click on the GT series, then click on 45G, then click on the guy details
for the height and windspeed you're designing for.  All the plans and details
you want are found on the other links.

http://www.radiancorp.com/ROHNNET/rohnnet2004/html2004/index.html

Also here's an excellent compedium of how-tos for towers.  Required reading for
any installation in addition to towers.

http://www.qsl.net/n1lo/tower.htm

Also included on the above link is the K7NV assessment of different types of
tower bases and a structural analysis of each type (section in concrete, pier
pin flat base, pier pin tapered base).

Finally, I'd wait 28 days before I started loading up any newly poured concrete.

Phil  KB9CRY