[TowerTalk] Laddder question

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Laddder question
From: "David Kozinn, K2DBK" <dkozinn@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 14:57:11 -0400
Hopefully this isn't too off-topic: After an unfortunate incident involving
a large tree limb, a not-quite-out-of-the-way a-frame ladder, and gravity
(fortunately, my son and I were well out of the way), I find that I need a
new ladder. (If anyone needs some kindling, please contact me off-list. :-)
) I've seen the infomercials for the "Little Giant" ladder system, and while
normally the mere fact that something has an informercial is enough for me
to steer clear, I checked out their website (
http://www.littlegiantladder.com/) and it looks pretty interesting. I did a
little research on the web, and I haven't seen anything bad, and in fact, I
did find a number of pretty good comments. They are somewhat pricey, but for
what I'd get it may well be worth it. (In addition to my recently departed
A-frame ladder, the extension ladder that I have is old, somewhat flimsy,
and a bit too short anyway).

I was wondering if anyone on the list had any firsthand experience with
these, good or bad, that they'd care to share? To keep at least marginally
on-topic, in addition to general household use, this is what I'd use to get
onto the roof where my current antennas live.

Thanks.

73,
     David, K2DBK