[TowerTalk] antenna switches

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] antenna switches
From: "Gregg Seidl" <K9KL@centurytel.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 09:51:30 -0500
This might be a bit off topic but it is the best place I know to ask,so here it
goes.I have a decent station set up out here nothing world class but I work
what I hear and I can hear a lot.4 towers,lots of metal,fairly quiet blah blah
blah.I have a good freind who lives in the city who is also a ham.We have
set-up a remote station here for him to use via the internet,I do have DSL out
here.We were going to put up a multiband dipole for him but the fear of both
being on the same band,which could easily happen,made us decide to just put
switches to do an A/B deal.I have several manual swith boxes here.He gets
whatever antenna is online.Sometimes I forget to switch the A/B switches.We are
looking for a computer/locally controled 12 position antenna switch,plus an A/B
switch.Does any one know if these are available.His remote is a 756 PRO II.He
doesn't want to use my IC-7800 over the internet,says he doesn't want me to
have to unplug/plug the microphone connector,plus it still do
 esn't solve our antenna choice problem.Any help out there?I know we aren't the
first to try this.   Gregg  K9KL