Re: [TowerTalk] Info on Andrew FHJ4-50?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Info on Andrew FHJ4-50?
From: <donovanf@starpower.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 22:22:45 -0400 (EDT)
Jack,

FHJ4-50 is an old version of Heliax, when Heliax was actually helical.  Your
cable is probably 30-40 years old.  Connectors are often available at hamfests,
with part numbers that begin with 44, such as 44AP for the UHF male connector.

Unfortunately, the 44 series connectors are not waterproof, so serious
precautions need to be taken to avoid waterlogged cable.

73!
Frank
W3LPL