Re: [TowerTalk] Building a "little pistol" contest station and theC-31XR

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Building a "little pistol" contest station and theC-31XR
From: n4gi@tampabay.rr.com
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 16:17:31 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>

> Which is why I ask about whether you intend to use 2 radios at
> once
> (I guess you do, with your SO2R questions), in which case, there
> might be "better" ways to solve the problem.  (two different
> single
> band antennas stacked and separated by a 10 feet might be cheaper
> than all the filters you'll need with the tightly coupled C31XR)

I tried this....

After toiling with the mechanical (wind load!) complexities of how to
mount three separate 10-15-20 yagis at reasonable separation distances
on a city lot, I found that I was not only dealing with the RX
interference problems, but nasty radiation pattern problems as well.  I
then put a C31 up and went to town with SO2R.

73,
Blake N4GI