[TowerTalk] (no subject)

To: <w7psk@w7psk.net>, "towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] (no subject)
From: <jacobsen_5@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 12:11:39 -0500
In a message dated 10/12/2006 5:36:36 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
towertalk-request@contesting.com<mailto:towertalk-request@contesting.com>
writes:

>  Sorry, but in all the piles I only saw one suggestion that  Im looking for.

>  Im not looking for mail order, I need to  find mast material that I can
obtain locally.   So far the Fencing  material is only one suggested.

K7LXC Replied:
    "It's already been pointed out that you're looking  for tubing - not pipe.
You need something like an SAE 1026 or A520 - something  in the neighborhood
of 50-60,000 psi yield strength I imagine. I didn't see  the original post so
I'm not sure what your specific application is, what  your proposed antenna
load is or what your county windspeed rating is. "

And I add:  Fencing material is NOT what you want. I believe it has a welded
seam and will split at the first side load applied. I've seen ground planes for
low band commercial use up 20' or more on fencing material. The first good wind
and the "Pipe" split like a banana peel and the antenna was over like it was
being used for NVIS.

Just my $.02
73
K9WN  Jake