Re: [TowerTalk] (no subject)

To: "'towertalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] (no subject)
From: "RICHARD BOYD" <ke3q@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 15:32:59 -0400
I used 3" diameter, 24' long "heavy duty fence post" from "Long Fence Company"
and it has never bent, with a Telrex 6-el 20 at the thrust bearing and a Telrex
8-el 15 eight feet higher, and a long 2M vertical on the tippy top (blown to
smithereens by lightning twice).

I strongly recommend 3" versus 2"!  And one yagi at the top of the tower rather
than more than one is best!

73 - Rich, KE3Q