[TowerTalk] Help with Rotor Wires ID

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Help with Rotor Wires ID
From: "Gedas" <w8bya@mchsi.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 19:15:38 -0400
First of all, a very big thanks to the many who have contacted me privately
providing ideas to solve this problem.  Unfortunately, I have not done a very
good job explaining the problem.  The situation is a bit more challenging than
most think.  All of the wires coming down the tower from the rotor are the same
size, just different colors.  I do not know which colored wire goes to which
terminal on the rotor at the top of the tower.  I am wondering if enough
information can be gathered on the ground to figure out where the wires will
need to go on the control box.  I hope that makes sense.  I am home on medical
and cannot lower the tower or climb it thus this situation.  I now have a
schematic of the rotor.  For example I know leads 3 and 7 should have the pot
across them, but which is lead 3 and which 7 ?  Leads 4 and 8 will need the
cap, but which is which?  The guide in the manual provides some guidance but
does not solve my problem directly.  I am wondering if someone has
  actually derived all of the needed connections solely from resistance
measurements.
73
Gedas

Image Gallery http://gedas.cc