[TowerTalk] Resolved - Help with Rotor Wires ID

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Resolved - Help with Rotor Wires ID
From: "Gedas" <w8bya@mchsi.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 10:04:19 -0400
I wanted to say thanks to those who provided help on this !  My goal was to
turn the antenna towards Fla to keep in touch with a brother while I am out on
medical.  With the help of a good digital ohm-meter and schematic of the rotor
I made a dozen measurements on the ground.  The bottom line was this:  It was
easy to find the #1 and #2 conductors because two of the wires in the cable
were one gauge heavier (which I originally did not realize but quickly took
advantage of) and because the solenoid ends up going through the #2 conductor.
Conductors 3 and 7 were easy because they are for the pot. That meant 4
conductors remained.  I was not able to measure any differences for the
windings going direct or through the limit switches so I was basically stuck
with 4 unknowns.  In the end, I may have had the starting cap coming in through
the wrong terminal but the needed connections were made which allowed me to
turn the antenna.  Thanks again.
73
Gedas

Image Gallery http://gedas.cc