Re: [TowerTalk] silicon sealant

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>, <k2mme@juno.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] silicon sealant
From: "Dave Zeph" <zephd@indy.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 19:45:26 -0400
Back in the "good old days" I used an RTV Potting Compound that we used at
work to pot electronic modules.

The material was Dow-Corning 3140 RTV.  3140 is a ONE-PART RTV that is
flowable, solvent-Free, self-leveling, and remains flexible from -50C to
+200C.

I used it to seal the potentiometers that were coupled to the mast drive
that was welded to the top gear on my prop-pitch motors.  These were 3-turn
Wire-Wound pots, but the 3140 sealed them quite effectively.  I also used it
to pot homebrew Hard Line Adapters.

A search on the WEB shows that 3140 is still available.

73 ---> Dave, W9ZRX