Re: [TowerTalk] 80 m delta loop

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80 m delta loop
From: K4SAV <RadioIR@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 09:30:30 -0600
Glad you got your antenna working Gerry.

A quick look at your antenna with EZNEC shows a take-off angle of 27
degrees with a gain of about 0.15 dBi. It has a null overhead. Looking
in the azimuth directions, at 27 degrees elevation angle, the gain in
the plane of the antenna is about -7 dB compared to the gain
perpendicular to the plane of the antenna. It's not a bad DX antenna,
especially considering the low height.  If you raise the antenna by 3
meters, you will get about 1 dB more gain and the take-off angle will go
to 25 degrees.

It should be a decent DX antenna for receiving as well, since there is a
null overhead and the take-off angle is fairly low (at least much better
than using a low dipole).

Jerry, K4SAV