Re: [TowerTalk] 80 m delta loop

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80 m delta loop
From: K4SAV <RadioIR@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 21:17:14 -0600
An addition to my antennas comparison post.

I compared an equilateral delta to an inverted vee.  If you flatten the
shape of the delta some to get the bottom wire higher, you can pick up a
little more gain. Maybe make the sloping wires about 63% of the bottom
one, and feed it about 25% up one of the sloping sides. When you do
that, at the same height as the inverted vee it gives 3 to 6 dB more
gain than the inverted vee between the elevation angles of 5 to 11
degrees.  The break even point becomes 18 degrees elevation, and after
that the inverted vee wins big time again.

So whether this is a better antenna for DX, or not, now depends on how
much DX you think arrives below 18 degrees elevation on 80 meters.

Jerry, K4SAV

>Randy Lake wrote:
>

>>So if one was to have the choice of an inv.v at 95' or a delta hung from
>>the same support which would be the best choice for dx?
>>73, Randy N1KWF

K4SAV wrote