Re: [TowerTalk] Applying Prelube 6 to Tower cable

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Applying Prelube 6 to Tower cable
From: "Dr M J DiGirolamo" <DrD@2020.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 20:35:43 -0500
Hi Ed,

   Here is a quick and dirty way to get your PreLube 6 applied.

   With your tower in the leaned over position, just "cup the cable" with a bit
of aluminum foil around your hand and spray away.  As it drips into your foil
catcher raise the pool to the cable and capillary action causes it to be sucked
right up into the cable.  You loose nothing.

   This is how I did mine.  It worked well for me.  Have fun and

Happy Thanksgiving,

Mike DiGirolamo, W4XN
Charlottesville, VA 22901

-> . ------------------------------
  -> .
  -> . Message: 5
  -> . Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 15:23:22 -0600
  -> . From: "Ed Laughery" <laughery@bellsouth.net>
  -> . Subject: [TowerTalk] Applying Prelube 6 to Tower cable
  -> . To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
  -> . Message-ID: <00f901c70e7c$709cb440$0300a8c0@mandrake>
  -> . Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1";
  -> .  reply-type=original
  -> .
  -> . Hello
  -> .
  -> . I have just received my suppy of PreLube 6.  Obviously,
  -> . I can just go out
  -> . and start spraying the cable as I move the tower
  -> . sections but would
  -> . appreciate all comments regarding your "special" or "not
  -> . so special"
  -> . techniques for properly applying.  I read with interest
  -> . the comments
  -> . regarding the spray saving appliance (towertalk, a few
  -> . weeks ago) but wasn't
  -> . quite sure if the tool was held vertically with the
  -> . cable running thru it
  -> . while spraying and raising/lowering the tower.
  -> .
  -> . Any and all comments appreciated.
  -> .
  -> . Thanks in advance for you time and consideration.
  -> .
  -> . Happy Thanksgiving.
  -> .
  -> . 73 de Ed AD5JV