[TowerTalk] interaction... continued

To: "tower" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] interaction... continued
From: "StellarCAT" <RXDesign@ssvecnet.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 11:07:46 -0700
"remove dipole"

sorry - habit... name is Gary, signed 'g.' and the call is K9RX.

Unfortunately I have a severe fear of heights so I can't easily
pull the dipole out - and it is very difficult, actually most
often impossible to find someone that can climb anymore. Thus I
was hoping to have some evidence that would suggest which is the
best plan.

I believe, after thinking about it, that the first section of
guy wire which has an insulator at ~6' out is the problem. The
top antenna shows very little effect on SWR on 10 and 15 - and
its angle to the tower is greater... the middle is worse - the
bottom is the worst. It would make some sense I would think
that, since this section is tied directly to the tower - and
thus a total of 13' long THROUGH the tower that this is coupling
and re-radiating. The fact that there is very little effect when
rotating the antenna leads me to believe this (as well as the
swr effect). So I am thinking of working on the bottom antenna
to see if I can change this - maybe try making the first section
longer by adding a "stub" at the end of the section. I plan on
setting a baseline comparison of the WARC dipole and the bottom
beam - then change this and see what if any effect it has.

g.
K9RX