Re: [TowerTalk] Lightning protection for rotator cable

To: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Lightning protection for rotator cable
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 12:59:58 -0500
I took a hit on the 40m yagi  on top of my tower, and lost everything that was
inside OR on the tower - two rotators, an antenna switch, and a stackmatch.
Fortunately, the cable was unplugged at my entry bulkhead, but IMO you are not
necessarily protected by the rotators being inside the tower.

73, Pete N4ZR