Re: [TowerTalk] How do you separate aluminium tubes that arestucktogethe

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] How do you separate aluminium tubes that arestucktogether ?
From: Charles Gallo <Charlie@TheGallos.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 22:46:14 -0500
Maent to send to the list - sent direct to Tom - reposting

On 11/29/2006 Tom Osborne wrote:

> Hi Robert

> A trick I learned years ago is to take a pair of vice grips and grip a
> screwdriver in the outer end of the tube, with the handle towards the boom,
> Then hit the screwdriver with a hammer.  <snip>

I don't thing I've seen anyone mention HEAT - get out your hot air gun
(like what you use to shrink heat shrink) - and on the high setting,
heat the tubing - as it gets warm before the inside tube, you might
get some differential expansion there - might also free it up enough
to get a good penetrating oil in there (I like Kroil)

--
73 de KG2V

For the Children - RKBA!

Give Pizza Chants